1991 prices to celebrate pub’s 15th anniversary
THE Anchor Inn in Sutton Gault is celebrating 15 years as a gastro pub by offering meals at 1991 prices. Owners Robin and Heather Moore decided to introduce the offer every Wednesday throughout March and April to mark 15 years of success. Mr Moore, pi
THE Anchor Inn in Sutton Gault is celebrating 15 years as a "gastro pub" by offering meals at 1991 prices.
Owners Robin and Heather Moore decided to introduce the offer every Wednesday throughout March and April to mark 15 years of success.
Mr Moore, pictured with manager Carline Bunten, said: "When we took over The Anchor Inn, we wanted to bring a quality of food that people would travel far to find, but we didn't want to lose the traditional pub atmosphere that had been there since the 17th century - that's when we hit on the idea of a gastro pub."
The last 15 years have seen The Anchor Inn listed in all of the major guide books as well as developing strong local reputation.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moore said tastes have changed since he and Heather set up the business.
"Tastes have become much more sophisticated with the introduction of ingredients such as balsamic vinegar and olive oils," he said.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
"Fish and game have also grown in popularity and our customers are very keen to experiment - when we put marinated fillet of hare in a red wine and chocolate sauce on the menu it flew out the door."
The Wednesday 1991 menu will be £13.50 for three courses.
INFO: Call 01353 778537 for bookings, or visit www.anchorsuttongault.co.uk