14th annual Wind Band Day
PRIMARY schoolchildren from all over the region will travel to the King s School, Ely on Thursday to make music. The 150 children, including pupils from St. Mary s Primary School in Ely, will spend the day rehearsing before joining together for an informa
PRIMARY schoolchildren from all over the region will travel to the King's School, Ely on Thursday to make music.
The 150 children, including pupils from St. Mary's Primary School in Ely, will spend the day rehearsing before joining together for an informal band concert.
They will take part in the 14th annual Wind Band Day, using the Gibson Music School and stage their concert in the Hayward Theatre.
The children will bring a variety of instruments including flutes, oboes, saxophones and trumpets and parents and friends will be invited to the concert at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Wind Band Day organiser, King's Junior School's director of music, Neil Porter-Thaw, said: "Many of the children who will be joining us seldom get the opportunity to perform in large groups and on past experience the day will be a hugely enjoyable and rewarding experience for everyone involved.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car