Council releases a video of work on 11 homes in Ely that they claim will make a profit for council tax payers of up to £1.7million.
- Credit: Archant
Council bosses have released a video of work in progress on 11 homes in Ely that they claim will make a profit for council tax payers of up to £1.7million.
Deputy council leader Anna Bailey delivered the upbeat assessment as a video of work on the Barton Road site was released by East Cambs Council.
“Great video of the East Cambs Barton Road, Ely development being delivered by the council’s company Palace Green Homes,” she tweeted.
“It’s projected to deliver £1.7m back to ECDC tax payers, so we can deliver great projects like the new Hive Leisure Centre.”
Planning permission for the homes was given in 2016.and work began in June last year.
You may also want to watch:
The new development, known as King’s Row, will consist of six family townhouses and five apartments, two of which will be affordable homes, designed by award-winning architects Haysom Ward Miller.
A further one affordable home will be provided elsewhere in the district. Constructors T J Evers (Evers) has been appointed to build the high-quality homes.
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
The apartments are expected to be completed and ready for occupation in the spring: the houses will follow on and should be ready for occupation in early summer 2018.
Agents selling the homes say that following high demand, a two-bedroom luxury penthouse is the only apartment left to reserve at Montgomery House.