Council releases a video of work on 11 homes in Ely that they claim will make a profit for council tax payers of up to £1.7million.
- Credit: Archant
Council bosses have released a video of work in progress on 11 homes in Ely that they claim will make a profit for council tax payers of up to £1.7million.
Deputy council leader Anna Bailey delivered the upbeat assessment as a video of work on the Barton Road site was released by East Cambs Council.
“Great video of the East Cambs Barton Road, Ely development being delivered by the council’s company Palace Green Homes,” she tweeted.
“It’s projected to deliver £1.7m back to ECDC tax payers, so we can deliver great projects like the new Hive Leisure Centre.”
Planning permission for the homes was given in 2016.and work began in June last year.
You may also want to watch:
The new development, known as King’s Row, will consist of six family townhouses and five apartments, two of which will be affordable homes, designed by award-winning architects Haysom Ward Miller.
A further one affordable home will be provided elsewhere in the district. Constructors T J Evers (Evers) has been appointed to build the high-quality homes.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Popular Ely pub may never re-open
- 8 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
The apartments are expected to be completed and ready for occupation in the spring: the houses will follow on and should be ready for occupation in early summer 2018.
Agents selling the homes say that following high demand, a two-bedroom luxury penthouse is the only apartment left to reserve at Montgomery House.