Your Loyal Readers Responded To Request For Information About Ely Children's Home
AS I thought it would, my request for any information about a children s home at the Tower Hospital brought a quick and informed response from your loyal readers. There was children s home, firstly in the buildings at the rear of what was the old Union Wo
AS I thought it would, my request for any information about a children's home at the Tower Hospital brought a quick and informed response from your loyal readers.
There was children's home, firstly in the buildings at the rear of what was the old Union Workhouse, then in the cottages nearby. It had nothing to do with the Isolation Hospital. It appears to have ceased to be a home around 1949/1950 and the cottages later became housing for managers at the Tower Hospital.
I have passed on all the information to my correspondent and I am very grateful to all those who got in touch with me, particularly Tony Wilding, Matthew Austin, and Brian 'Jim' Morris, the information will help my correspondent and it has certainly added to my knowledge of our city.
My thanks again to you and your readers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 7 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 8 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa