You Have Let Your Readers Down
WAS the week leading up to the issue dated August 28 so devoid of noteworthy news? Protests against the closure of sub post offices no longer sexy enough to warrant attention? Even the GCSE success of this year s Year 11 students, was only exciting enou
WAS the week leading up to the issue dated August 28 so devoid of noteworthy news? Protests against the closure of sub post offices no longer 'sexy' enough to warrant attention? Even the GCSE success of this year's Year 11 students, was only exciting enough for mention on pages 4 and 5.
I appreciate a white witch casting a spell to make it rain on Cromwell Day is at best mildly amusing but, honestly, and journalistically how do you justify this drivel taking precedence over proper news items even taking in to account the alleged fact that the high priest was asked so to do by a councillor? Admittedly as a publicity stunt it is not without kudos. However, it should have been in the What's On section not the front page. This is the sort of behaviour one expects from the red tops. Stop trying to be something you are not and concentrate on being what you claim to be: Number One for News and Sport in East Cambs. You have let yourselves and your readership down badly.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos