Writers jumped to the wrong conclusion
PERHAPS Paula and Elvin Whittlsea in their obvious contempt of myself, Mr Piper and Mrs Wilbraham (Letters, July 20) should have refreshed their memories and re-read my letter of July 13 before jumping to the wrong conclusions. At no time did I suggest th
PERHAPS Paula and Elvin Whittlsea in their obvious contempt of myself, Mr Piper and Mrs Wilbraham (Letters, July 20) should have refreshed their memories and re-read my letter of July 13 before jumping to the wrong conclusions.
At no time did I suggest that should the sluice sculpture be abandoned so that the £5,000 could be used to save the toilets at Sacrist's Gate. What I did say was that I hoped the cathedral might pay for it. I was speaking from a general point of view that on the one hand something needed was being shelved for the sake of £5,000 and on the other hand, something that was not needed was going to cost £40,000. I linked the two points together in my letter instead of writing two separate ones which would not both have been printed at the same time.
As an artist myself of pictures in oils I know all about the Arts Council. I would also like to know why they intend placing a screen showing scenes of flowing water in Jubilee Gardens, when a few feet away,
people can see the real thing as Mr Piper so rightly said in his letter. I still say it is a shameful waste of £40,000.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?