Would The Person Responsible For The Humps Care To Comment Please
WHO decided that suspension wrecking, traffic calming measures are necessary at the main entrance to the City of Ely Community College car park? I have never seen traffic turning into or leaving the car park at excessive speeds. Surely drivers can be tru
WHO decided that suspension wrecking, traffic calming measures are necessary at the main entrance to the City of Ely Community College car park? I have never seen traffic turning into or leaving the car park at excessive speeds. Surely drivers can be trusted to take extra care where children are likely to be encountered? It is surprising the park-and-ride bus has survived for so long considering the number of times it has to negotiate these obstructions every Saturday, not to mention the discomfort suffered by passengers.
Traffic leaving Downham Road to turn into the car park needs to do so reasonably quickly, particularly traffic coming from Ely centre, and anything slowing that process and causing a queue to form cannot be a good thing. To add to the problem, traffic needing to enter the overflow car park has yet another hazard to cope with, which seems quite unnecessary. Another example of health & safety madness?
I have been told that due to complaints, it is planned to remove the obstructions during the current school holiday, but there is no sign yet of this happening. Would the person(s) responsible for the 'humps' care to comment please?
You may also want to watch:
St Andrews Way
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line