Withdrawal of Berry Fen Wind Farm plans was unexpected, but brought immense relief and joy to community
The Stop Berry Fen Wind Farm group would like to say a BIG thank-you to you for your support as we battled REG Windpower’s application for three massive turbines close to Aldreth and Haddenham.
Hearing that REG had withdrawn its proposals from the planning process was entirely unexpected, but it has brought immense relief and joy to our community.
An enormous threat to our peaceful life here, and to our enjoyment of our beautiful and unique landscape, has been lifted.
From the start, we knew we’d have to obtain support from many, many different organisations and individuals if we were to stand any chance of winning this David and Goliath fight.
To know we had your support in publishing our articles was invaluable and helped keep our residents informed, while helping to keep us going when it seemed impossible we would beat REG and all the witnesses and resources they had available.
Co-chairman, Stop Berry Fen Wind Farm
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 6 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 7 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council