WIN! You could win meal for two at Poets House in Ely which opens on April 29
- Credit: Archant
ONE Ely Standard reader will win dinner for two at Poets House, which is due to open its doors on April 29.
And, if you’re not lucky enough to win, you can still redeem a voucher for a complimentary glass of wine with any main meal ordered with the voucher in the April 18 edition of the Ely Standard.
Proprietors The House Collection hope The Dining Room at Poets House, in St Mary’s Street, will put Ely on the map for the best in British cooking with a contemporary twist.
Newly appointed executive chef, Leah Jenson, has been unveiling her plans to bring The Dining Room foodie concept to life, first at Poets House when it opens in early May.
Leah is heading a team that will prepare fresh, high quality ingredients to offer the best of what’s in season in her signature style which she describes as modern-traditional, with the emphasis on taste, flavour and beautiful presentation.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to joining The House Collection, Leah has spent 12 years developing her skills including posts in award-winning and Michelin-star restaurants. Most recently she was head chef at City Café at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Leeds.
Leah said: “I am so excited to be joining The House Collection and launching The Dining Room. We will be sourcing the finest produce from local suppliers to create clean, honest, inspirational menus.”
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections
The Dining Room at Poets House will have 60 covers. For larger events, meetings and weddings, Poets House can cater for up to 100 in The Writing Room, with private dining in The Boardroom for up to 20 or up to 150 people for a reception.
• To be in with a chance of winning dinner for two people, answer the following question:
In which Ely street is Poets House located?
a) St Mary’s Street
b) High Street
c) Lynn Road
To enter, text ELS MEAL followed by your name (A, B or C), your name and address to 80058. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
The competition closes at 11.59pm on April 26. The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random after the closing date.