Win tickets to see The Pogues in concert at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
The Pogues bring their compelling hybrid of folk, punk and rock to Thetford Forest next month as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live concert series - and you could be among the crowd.
We have teamed up with the Forestry Commission to give away a pair of tickets to the concert, on Saturday, June 14.
The Pogues made their mark on the British music scene by producing a string of classic albums.
Their innovative records, played with traditional instruments and electric guitars, created captivating music especially due to the song-writing talent of inimitable frontman Shane MacGowan.
Revered for their legendary live performances, the band regularly headlines festivals across the world yet the Forest Live date will be their first appearance in the East Anglian region for more than a decade.
You may also want to watch:
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship. Income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forests for both people and wildlife.
For tickets and further information, call the box office on 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
• For a chance to win a pair of tickets, answer this question:
Who the frontman of The Pogues?
To enter, e-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org – mark your entry The Pogues Concert Tickets and make sure you include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Closing date for entries is Friday, May 23. The winner will be the first answer drawn from all the correct entries. Archant competition rules apply.