Win tickets to see The Pogues in concert at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
The Pogues bring their compelling hybrid of folk, punk and rock to Thetford Forest next month as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live concert series - and you could be among the crowd.
We have teamed up with the Forestry Commission to give away a pair of tickets to the concert, on Saturday, June 14.
The Pogues made their mark on the British music scene by producing a string of classic albums.
Their innovative records, played with traditional instruments and electric guitars, created captivating music especially due to the song-writing talent of inimitable frontman Shane MacGowan.
Revered for their legendary live performances, the band regularly headlines festivals across the world yet the Forest Live date will be their first appearance in the East Anglian region for more than a decade.
You may also want to watch:
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship. Income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forests for both people and wildlife.
For tickets and further information, call the box office on 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos
• For a chance to win a pair of tickets, answer this question:
Who the frontman of The Pogues?
To enter, e-mail your answer to email@example.com – mark your entry The Pogues Concert Tickets and make sure you include your name, address and daytime contact number.
Closing date for entries is Friday, May 23. The winner will be the first answer drawn from all the correct entries. Archant competition rules apply.