Win Tickets to See Mary Berry in Ely
“We are absolutely delighted to welcome her to Ely for a talk with tastings. This promises to be a fantastic and delicious event.”
MARY Berry - the queen of home cooking and recent judge on The Great British Bake Off - is coming to Ely, and the Ely Standard has one pair of tickets to give away to one lucky reader. Mary Berry is one of the UK’s best-known and respected cookery writers famed for her traditional family style of baking. She published her first cookery book, The Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook, in 1966 and since then has seen another 70 different books make it to print, which have combined sales of five million copies around the world.
Mary Berry will give a talk and tastings session at St Mary’s Church in Ely on Thursday, December 1 and you could be there courtesy of the Ely Standard.
A spokeswoman from Toppings said: “Mary Berry is loved for her writing and recipes and for her practical, unfussy approach to food. We are absolutely delighted to welcome her to Ely for a talk with tastings. This promises to be a fantastic and delicious event.”
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see Mary Berry at St Mary’s Church on December 1, then answer this question. What was the name of Mary’s fellow judge on The Great British Bake off?
You may also want to watch:
Answers on a postcard to: the Ely Standard, 38 Market Street, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4LS or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets, �8/�7, for the event are available from Topping & Co Booksellers in High Street, Ely.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
All entries must reach us by Monday, November 28.