Why was flagpole placed next to CCTV camera? If in middle of market square, it could serve the city
THE flag pole on Ely’s market square is looking a little lonely without a purpose.
It was erected a year ago and flags did once fly from it, but some got wrapped around the nearby CCTV camera because it was located too close.
The cathedral’s flag pole flies our national flags on all days that celebrate our nation, but in our great market square, with so much open space, our councillors thought that next to the CCTV camera was best.
Why can it not be moved to the centre of the square? That way the flags will fly for all to see.
Or are they going to leave the flag pole where it is, with the flags folded neatly away for moths to chew for dinner?
You may also want to watch:
The flag pole could serve the city to welcome tourists and celebrate annual events such as the Queen’s birthday and St George’s Day.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air