Why was church hall internet poll not included in report?
FROM my perspective your reporting on the Soham church hall issue has seemed very one-sided and, at times, as if you were allowing yourselves to be used as a mouthpiece for a few very vocal individuals. From the viewpoint as a resident in Soham, much of w
FROM my perspective your reporting on the Soham church hall issue has seemed very one-sided and, at times, as if you were allowing yourselves to be used as a mouthpiece for a few very vocal individuals. From the viewpoint as a resident in Soham, much of what has been printed seemed to be trying to create news rather than report it.
The Soham on-line website has a poll, which for several days now has had a virtual 50/50 split in people's views and yet you have not chosen not to report that.
I'm sorry but I have not been happy with your handling of this issue.
Editor's Note: As I pointed out last week, the Parochial Church Council chose not to comment. In the council's own words, they wanted to remain "dignified and silent" on the issue.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
This stance made it impossible for us to represent both points of view fairly. I'm sorry that you are not happy with our handling of this issue, but I can assure you that it was not through any lack of effort on our part that we were unable to, initially, represent the church council's view.
As far as the Soham on-line web poll is concerned, we checked the numbers involved and discovered that 109 people had responded, in our view, this was not representative of the people of Soham and we decided not to include it.