Why was church hall internet poll not included in report?
FROM my perspective your reporting on the Soham church hall issue has seemed very one-sided and, at times, as if you were allowing yourselves to be used as a mouthpiece for a few very vocal individuals. From the viewpoint as a resident in Soham, much of w
FROM my perspective your reporting on the Soham church hall issue has seemed very one-sided and, at times, as if you were allowing yourselves to be used as a mouthpiece for a few very vocal individuals. From the viewpoint as a resident in Soham, much of what has been printed seemed to be trying to create news rather than report it.
The Soham on-line website has a poll, which for several days now has had a virtual 50/50 split in people's views and yet you have not chosen not to report that.
I'm sorry but I have not been happy with your handling of this issue.
You may also want to watch:
Editor's Note: As I pointed out last week, the Parochial Church Council chose not to comment. In the council's own words, they wanted to remain "dignified and silent" on the issue.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
This stance made it impossible for us to represent both points of view fairly. I'm sorry that you are not happy with our handling of this issue, but I can assure you that it was not through any lack of effort on our part that we were unable to, initially, represent the church council's view.
As far as the Soham on-line web poll is concerned, we checked the numbers involved and discovered that 109 people had responded, in our view, this was not representative of the people of Soham and we decided not to include it.