Why no support for a multi-storey?
I KEEP reading in the newspaper every week about car parking problems. Can somebody please tell us why the council are so dead against building a multi-storey car park in Ely? Is it because it would block the view of the cathedral, if so, I think the coun
I KEEP reading in the newspaper every week about car parking problems.
Can somebody please tell us why the council are so dead against building a multi-storey car park in Ely? Is it because it would block the view of the cathedral, if so, I think the council should take a walk around the city centre to see how much you can see of it (not a lot ) .
I think the ideal place to put the multi-storey would be where the council offices stand as they are being knock down soon anyway (or are more houses going there).
Wisbech has about the same size town centre and they have a multi-storey.
You may also want to watch:
All the council are thinking about is how much it will cost them and they are not thinking about how lack of parking is effecting retailers, customers, and householders. They are just making matters worse and worse, and why bring so many restaurants and coffee shops into Ely when people will not have time to go into them as the new parking times will only be two hours. The council need to put this multi-storey in soon so that everyone will benefit.
TINA KEYS by email
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 5 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines