Why no news is bad news for us
THE Barns Fun Day held on July 14 was a great success with 100-plus people having a good time in the sunshine. Using the climbing wall, and bouncy castle, children having their faces painted, and taking part in some of the fun stalls run by various group
THE Barns Fun Day held on July 14 was a great success with 100-plus people having a good time in the sunshine.
Using the climbing wall, and bouncy castle, children having their faces painted, and taking part in some of the fun stalls run by various groups including the Countess Free Church, or watching the show by the Olive Tree Fellowship, or the dog school. Some took interest in the many information stalls on the day.
Even the mayor turned up to open the event and present the prizes for the best-kept front or rear garden competition run by the Barns initiative.
The fire brigade gave a demonstration of cutting someone free from a vehicle and the police offered their support with vehicles and a mobile station. The local PCSOs joined in and helped.
All in all it turned out to be great day, thanks to lots of hard work by volunteers and the people who helped organise the event.
The only thing that appeared to go wrong was the press release. I know one was sent to the Ely Standard among others but they must have got lost in the post.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Father accused of baby's murder claimed she had hit her head in car
I noticed in last week's paper there was no mention of the event, no photographs ... the pea shooting competition was obviously a lot more important.
It appears to me the only news worth covering from the Barns is bad news.