Why no news is bad news for us
THE Barns Fun Day held on July 14 was a great success with 100-plus people having a good time in the sunshine. Using the climbing wall, and bouncy castle, children having their faces painted, and taking part in some of the fun stalls run by various group
THE Barns Fun Day held on July 14 was a great success with 100-plus people having a good time in the sunshine.
Using the climbing wall, and bouncy castle, children having their faces painted, and taking part in some of the fun stalls run by various groups including the Countess Free Church, or watching the show by the Olive Tree Fellowship, or the dog school. Some took interest in the many information stalls on the day.
Even the mayor turned up to open the event and present the prizes for the best-kept front or rear garden competition run by the Barns initiative.
The fire brigade gave a demonstration of cutting someone free from a vehicle and the police offered their support with vehicles and a mobile station. The local PCSOs joined in and helped.
All in all it turned out to be great day, thanks to lots of hard work by volunteers and the people who helped organise the event.
The only thing that appeared to go wrong was the press release. I know one was sent to the Ely Standard among others but they must have got lost in the post.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
I noticed in last week's paper there was no mention of the event, no photographs ... the pea shooting competition was obviously a lot more important.
It appears to me the only news worth covering from the Barns is bad news.