Why no news is bad news for us
THE Barns Fun Day held on July 14 was a great success with 100-plus people having a good time in the sunshine. Using the climbing wall, and bouncy castle, children having their faces painted, and taking part in some of the fun stalls run by various group
THE Barns Fun Day held on July 14 was a great success with 100-plus people having a good time in the sunshine.
Using the climbing wall, and bouncy castle, children having their faces painted, and taking part in some of the fun stalls run by various groups including the Countess Free Church, or watching the show by the Olive Tree Fellowship, or the dog school. Some took interest in the many information stalls on the day.
Even the mayor turned up to open the event and present the prizes for the best-kept front or rear garden competition run by the Barns initiative.
The fire brigade gave a demonstration of cutting someone free from a vehicle and the police offered their support with vehicles and a mobile station. The local PCSOs joined in and helped.
You may also want to watch:
All in all it turned out to be great day, thanks to lots of hard work by volunteers and the people who helped organise the event.
The only thing that appeared to go wrong was the press release. I know one was sent to the Ely Standard among others but they must have got lost in the post.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
I noticed in last week's paper there was no mention of the event, no photographs ... the pea shooting competition was obviously a lot more important.
It appears to me the only news worth covering from the Barns is bad news.