Why lorries are space invaders
IT S not often that the people of Soham are interfered with from outer space, but it does happen. It has been very pleasant these past few weeks to stand out in the garden and enjoy the stars glittering down from the sky. Occasionally, you will see a po
IT'S not often that the people of Soham are interfered with from outer space, but it does happen.
It has been very pleasant these past few weeks to stand out in the garden and enjoy the stars glittering down from the sky.
Occasionally, you will see a point of light shoot straight across the heavens; another satellite on its way around the earth.
It must be one of these satellites that is interfering with the locals.
You may also want to watch:
If you were bringing a load of produce from Spain or Poland or wherever to one of the giant packing sheds to the north of town, there is a fair chance that you wouldn't know exactly where Barway or the Hasse were, so you would obviously switch on your satellite navigation device.
These gismos appear to know where to guide the loads, but don't always seem to know the best route.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
Hence we seem to be getting more and more continental artics creeping through town and stopping at every junction to check instructions.
One giant disappeared down Fountain Lane the other day - I bet he had fun on Mereside!
The next time you are standing in your garden and a satellite flies overhead try shouting "Use the bypass."
It might just work.