Why is the Government tolerant of faiths other than Christianity?
AM I the only one to be increasingly concerned and appalled at the actions of our Government in challenging, ultimately in the courts, the personal choice of Christians to wear symbols of their faith?
Other faiths are allowed freedom of expression and tolerance is frequently preached by Government ministers including the Prime Minister.
So why is it taxpayers’ money and legal time is spent telling me and others if and when I might wear a cross or similar symbol?
The Government does not act in my name on this as other issues of conscience.
CLLR GEOFFREY HEATHCOCK
Queen Ediths Way
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 10 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash