Why is the Government tolerant of faiths other than Christianity?
AM I the only one to be increasingly concerned and appalled at the actions of our Government in challenging, ultimately in the courts, the personal choice of Christians to wear symbols of their faith?
Other faiths are allowed freedom of expression and tolerance is frequently preached by Government ministers including the Prime Minister.
So why is it taxpayers’ money and legal time is spent telling me and others if and when I might wear a cross or similar symbol?
The Government does not act in my name on this as other issues of conscience.
CLLR GEOFFREY HEATHCOCK
You may also want to watch:
Queen Ediths Way
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument