Why is the Government tolerant of faiths other than Christianity?
AM I the only one to be increasingly concerned and appalled at the actions of our Government in challenging, ultimately in the courts, the personal choice of Christians to wear symbols of their faith?
Other faiths are allowed freedom of expression and tolerance is frequently preached by Government ministers including the Prime Minister.
So why is it taxpayers’ money and legal time is spent telling me and others if and when I might wear a cross or similar symbol?
The Government does not act in my name on this as other issues of conscience.
CLLR GEOFFREY HEATHCOCK
You may also want to watch:
Queen Ediths Way
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 6 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs