Why is the Government tolerant of faiths other than Christianity?
AM I the only one to be increasingly concerned and appalled at the actions of our Government in challenging, ultimately in the courts, the personal choice of Christians to wear symbols of their faith?
Other faiths are allowed freedom of expression and tolerance is frequently preached by Government ministers including the Prime Minister.
So why is it taxpayers’ money and legal time is spent telling me and others if and when I might wear a cross or similar symbol?
The Government does not act in my name on this as other issues of conscience.
CLLR GEOFFREY HEATHCOCK
You may also want to watch:
Queen Ediths Way
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash