THE recent edition of East Cambridgeshire, published by East Cambs District Council, contains an article on waste headed Weekly Collections: we listened to you . This seeks to justify the decision by the Conservative-controlled council to ignore the tria
THE recent edition of East Cambridgeshire, published by East Cambs District Council, contains an article on waste headed 'Weekly Collections: we listened to you'. This seeks to justify the decision by the Conservative-controlled council to ignore the trials in Bottisham and Witchford, where black and brown bags were collected on alternate weeks. This had led to spectacular improvements in their rates of recycling. The decision to ignore these results places the council in grave danger of being heavily fined by the Government for putting too much waste into landfill as recycling targets are constantly being raised. Such fines will have to be paid from our Council Tax.
Is it significant that, at the recent election, all the councillors elected from Bottisham and Witchford were Liberal Democrats? Who listened to whom?
Liberal Democrat district councillor
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors