Who Gave You Permission To Fell Trees At Chettisham Meadow
ALISON Arnold s comments on Chettisham Meadow are very much to the point. The trees that were felled were not in any way causing problems to that meadow. As for the shade from those trees, how could they shade the field when they were in the north end of
ALISON Arnold's comments on Chettisham Meadow are very much to the point. The trees that were felled were not in any way causing problems to that meadow. As for the shade from those trees, how could they shade the field when they were in the north end of the field and to my knowledge the sun still rises in the East so if the sun shines on the trees it would put their shadow into the Drove. As for a few leaves to drop in the Autumn, well they do not stay long on top of the grass as there are things called worms that love them and pull them into the soil for food. If you manage this meadow why can not your people one weekend go and rake them up and put them in a heep for the hedgehogs to sleep in , you are as you say wildlife preservation people are you not?
If you had been doing your job properly in the first place and trimmed back each year you could have saved all this aggravation in the first place, but as it was there were plenty of birds down on that meadow and wildlife, but now nothing, only an open field of grass for your use to graze cows. The droppings from these cattle will kill all the orchids as they do not like that organic on them they prefer poor soil which they have had for last 40 years. The orchids have increased slowly now and how is it since you have full control of this meadow you have destroyed all bird nesting habitat and wildlife coverage.
You call yourselves savers of the wildlife, well if that's what a PhD can do heaven help us. Thanks to the old country boys who are still around , and the very good farmers that see to good management and those hedges that you vandalised could have been laid and still made a lovely hedge thicket, but no let's have a nice big open field as we want to make money grazing cows.
I would also like to know how you got permission to fell them as they really belong to the Drove.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 9 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road