AFTER his rise to fame with The Jam, Paul Weller formed an outfit called the Style Council. It looks as though we could do with a style council of our own in Soham soon. My walking other people s dogs correspondent tells me that slowly but surely the sti
AFTER his rise to fame with The Jam, Paul Weller formed an outfit called the Style Council. It looks as though we could do with a style council of our own in Soham soon.
My walking other people's dogs correspondent tells me that slowly but surely the stiles on the town's footpaths are disappearing and are being replaced by gates.
No real problem there as long as we know whose responsibility they are and who will keep them maintained and maintained instantly if they need it.
After all, who ever heard of a heifer climbing a stile, but I'm sure she could get through a space where a gate used to be.
You may also want to watch:
Now if we clubbed together to buy Mr Weller a hammer and some nails we could all sleep peacefully in our beds.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house