AFTER his rise to fame with The Jam, Paul Weller formed an outfit called the Style Council. It looks as though we could do with a style council of our own in Soham soon. My walking other people s dogs correspondent tells me that slowly but surely the sti
AFTER his rise to fame with The Jam, Paul Weller formed an outfit called the Style Council. It looks as though we could do with a style council of our own in Soham soon.
My walking other people's dogs correspondent tells me that slowly but surely the stiles on the town's footpaths are disappearing and are being replaced by gates.
No real problem there as long as we know whose responsibility they are and who will keep them maintained and maintained instantly if they need it.
After all, who ever heard of a heifer climbing a stile, but I'm sure she could get through a space where a gate used to be.
Now if we clubbed together to buy Mr Weller a hammer and some nails we could all sleep peacefully in our beds.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign