What's so good about Multiplex?
YET another reverend speaking up for Multiplex! (Rev Brampton s letter, November 8) But then, why should I be surprised? This multi national conglomerate and the Church share the same lust – the acquisition of land for profit. In fact, Multiplex must rat
YET another reverend speaking up for Multiplex! (Rev Brampton's letter, November 8) But then, why should I be surprised? This multi national conglomerate and the Church share the same lust - the acquisition of land for profit. In fact, Multiplex must rate as abject amateurs compared with God's servants down the ages.
If the Mereham development goes ahead, a handful of land owners will become megga rich while the rest of us foot the bill. Does that sound familiar Rev Brampton?
Wanting a new town just to house your grandchildren is putting the cart before the horse. Employers and employment must come first and this is top of the agenda in East Cambridge shire.
The present council could not possibly cope with the work that the building of a completely unanticipated new town would heap upon them. A whole team of planners to say the least will be needed for starters. Who is to pay for this I wonder along with the bus station outside the cathedral and other such exciting innovations?
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge needs workers and MoD land at Waterbeach is up for grabs. The village has a railway station and the guided bus could go there. What's wrong with this site? Multiplex won't make any money out of it - that's what.
JACKIE PETTS, (District councillor Ely East)
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution