What’s all the fuss, ramblers?
HAS the world gone completely mad? I thought we lived in an agricultural area, yet I read that the Ramblers Association is now dictating to us over the appointment of bridleways due to horse manure being a health risk! As far as I am aware, depositing ch
HAS the world gone completely mad? I thought we lived in an agricultural area, yet I read that the Ramblers' Association is now dictating to us over the appointment of bridleways due to horse manure being a health risk! As far as I am aware, depositing chewed up vegetable matter in the countryside is something that horses, in common with cows, sheep, pigs, goats etc, not to mention wildlife, have done since time immemorial, with no harm to anyone or anything.
Certainly far less harmful than dog excrement too. There are even cattle grazing in the middle of Cambridge depositing "chewed up vegetable matter" on the paths and grass alongside the river, where walkers and cyclists seem to have no fear of a health risk. Get a grip!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest