What is your experience of using satellite broadband?
A good internet connection is vital for businesses and, increasingly, for households too.
The UK has higher broadband coverage than Germany, France, Italy and Spain but there is still much more to do.
Across East Anglia councils are helping to unlock faster broadband in rural communities but there are still some areas which are very hard to connect using traditional solutions.
I have recently been contacted by the European Satellite Operators Association. It claims that satellite connections can provide a service of 20Mbps.
It has launched a website www.broadbandforall.eu which offers further information.
I would be very interested to know more about local people’s experiences of this technology. Have you considered using a satellite solution? Have you tried to use it? Do you use it? Do you have recommendations or thoughts you can share?
Please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
Conservative MEP, East of England