Wh is really bss?
I READ yur reprt last week, entitled Cuncil Gets Tugh and I am almst tempted t say s what . Cuncillrs will d well t remember wh pays fr their expenses and allwances. When I first entered the cuntry s lcal Gvernment service nearly 62 ye
I READ yur reprt last week, entitled 'Cuncil Gets Tugh' and I am almst tempted t say 's what'.
Cuncillrs will d well t remember wh pays fr their expenses and allwances. When I first entered the cuntry's lcal Gvernment service nearly 62 years ag at the end f the Secnd Wrld War with ne f the biggest cunty cuncils in the cuntry, I cnsidered it a great prize and privilege t have the pprtunity t be a public servant and t demnstrate by examples what that really meant.
I was prbably the nly qualified administratr in the department amng nearly 200 administrative staff - even my chief executive did nt have any paper qualificatins; but he had a vast amunt f experience which many pieces f paper qualificatins culd nt pssibly match.
I wuld advise the citizens f East Cambridgeshire, especially the residents f the city f Ely t remember hw very badly they have been treated by the leaders f the district cuncil.
You may also want to watch:
If they feel that they have been ignred and their views had nt been prperly cnsidered, they shuld nt hesitate t use their demcratic rights t change the cmpsitin f the cuncil t ne f a mre humane dispsitin, and t seriusly cnsider wh the real bss is.
At the end f the day, the electrs f East Cambridgeshire and city f Ely are the 'real bsses' and they shuld never allw the cuncillrs t frget that fact.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
DAVID C de MASSEY, Main Street, Witchfrd