Wh is really bss?
I READ yur reprt last week, entitled Cuncil Gets Tugh and I am almst tempted t say s what . Cuncillrs will d well t remember wh pays fr their expenses and allwances. When I first entered the cuntry s lcal Gvernment service nearly 62 ye
I READ yur reprt last week, entitled 'Cuncil Gets Tugh' and I am almst tempted t say 's what'.
Cuncillrs will d well t remember wh pays fr their expenses and allwances. When I first entered the cuntry's lcal Gvernment service nearly 62 years ag at the end f the Secnd Wrld War with ne f the biggest cunty cuncils in the cuntry, I cnsidered it a great prize and privilege t have the pprtunity t be a public servant and t demnstrate by examples what that really meant.
I was prbably the nly qualified administratr in the department amng nearly 200 administrative staff - even my chief executive did nt have any paper qualificatins; but he had a vast amunt f experience which many pieces f paper qualificatins culd nt pssibly match.
I wuld advise the citizens f East Cambridgeshire, especially the residents f the city f Ely t remember hw very badly they have been treated by the leaders f the district cuncil.
You may also want to watch:
If they feel that they have been ignred and their views had nt been prperly cnsidered, they shuld nt hesitate t use their demcratic rights t change the cmpsitin f the cuncil t ne f a mre humane dispsitin, and t seriusly cnsider wh the real bss is.
At the end f the day, the electrs f East Cambridgeshire and city f Ely are the 'real bsses' and they shuld never allw the cuncillrs t frget that fact.
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
DAVID C de MASSEY, Main Street, Witchfrd