Wh is really bss?
I READ yur reprt last week, entitled Cuncil Gets Tugh and I am almst tempted t say s what . Cuncillrs will d well t remember wh pays fr their expenses and allwances. When I first entered the cuntry s lcal Gvernment service nearly 62 ye
I READ yur reprt last week, entitled 'Cuncil Gets Tugh' and I am almst tempted t say 's what'.
Cuncillrs will d well t remember wh pays fr their expenses and allwances. When I first entered the cuntry's lcal Gvernment service nearly 62 years ag at the end f the Secnd Wrld War with ne f the biggest cunty cuncils in the cuntry, I cnsidered it a great prize and privilege t have the pprtunity t be a public servant and t demnstrate by examples what that really meant.
I was prbably the nly qualified administratr in the department amng nearly 200 administrative staff - even my chief executive did nt have any paper qualificatins; but he had a vast amunt f experience which many pieces f paper qualificatins culd nt pssibly match.
I wuld advise the citizens f East Cambridgeshire, especially the residents f the city f Ely t remember hw very badly they have been treated by the leaders f the district cuncil.
If they feel that they have been ignred and their views had nt been prperly cnsidered, they shuld nt hesitate t use their demcratic rights t change the cmpsitin f the cuncil t ne f a mre humane dispsitin, and t seriusly cnsider wh the real bss is.
At the end f the day, the electrs f East Cambridgeshire and city f Ely are the 'real bsses' and they shuld never allw the cuncillrs t frget that fact.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 For Worship & Glory II exhibition coming to Ely Cathedral
DAVID C de MASSEY, Main Street, Witchfrd