Were you the photographer who captured footage of Ely boat race in 2008 celebrating Charles Merivale?
- Credit: Archant
Charles Merivale was Dean of Ely from 1869-1893 and was connected by marriage to the Gibbs family of Tyntesfield.
This property, near Bristol, is now owned by the National Trust and will shortly house an exhibition of Gibbs’ family history.
As part of this I have been asked to prepare a short film illustrating Dean Merivale’s connection with Ely and rowing.
In addition to being an eminent scholar and theologian, Charles was co-instigator of the first University Boat Race and on March 8, 2008, the bicentenary of his birth was celebrated by a race on the River Great Ouse using boats similar to the originals.
Among the spectators was an unknown photographer who captured footage of part of the race.
We would very much like to know who this was and perhaps use the material as part of a film.
If you are the photographer in question or know their identity, please contact me.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall