Well done to everyone involved in ADeC’s screening of The Magistrate
CONGRATULATIONS to ADeC and everyone involved in the National Theatre’s performance of The Magistrate which was screened live at Ely Cinema.
What a terrific evening. The applause at the end showed that we all felt we had actually been part of the ‘real’ audience at the Olivier Theatre that night.
I didn’t have to pay to travel to London (and pay for a pre-show meal). My ticket cost £13 and I was able to walk to The Maltings and get home in time for the Ten O’Clock News.
That’s what I call an entertainment bargain!
I’m off to Burrows Bookshop to book for the next National Theatre Live on March 21 when Frances de la Tour stars in People, a new play by Alan Bennett.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall