Well done to everyone involved in ADeC’s screening of The Magistrate
CONGRATULATIONS to ADeC and everyone involved in the National Theatre’s performance of The Magistrate which was screened live at Ely Cinema.
What a terrific evening. The applause at the end showed that we all felt we had actually been part of the ‘real’ audience at the Olivier Theatre that night.
I didn’t have to pay to travel to London (and pay for a pre-show meal). My ticket cost £13 and I was able to walk to The Maltings and get home in time for the Ten O’Clock News.
That’s what I call an entertainment bargain!
I’m off to Burrows Bookshop to book for the next National Theatre Live on March 21 when Frances de la Tour stars in People, a new play by Alan Bennett.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air