Well done to everyone involved in ADeC’s screening of The Magistrate
CONGRATULATIONS to ADeC and everyone involved in the National Theatre’s performance of The Magistrate which was screened live at Ely Cinema.
What a terrific evening. The applause at the end showed that we all felt we had actually been part of the ‘real’ audience at the Olivier Theatre that night.
I didn’t have to pay to travel to London (and pay for a pre-show meal). My ticket cost £13 and I was able to walk to The Maltings and get home in time for the Ten O’Clock News.
That’s what I call an entertainment bargain!
I’m off to Burrows Bookshop to book for the next National Theatre Live on March 21 when Frances de la Tour stars in People, a new play by Alan Bennett.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs