Wear a Uniform and Take What Comes
SO PC Neil Evans (Ely Standard, Court Watch) considers himself worthy of compensation for carrying out the duty that he is so handsomely paid to perform.Perhaps I should claim retrospective compensation for the hundreds of occasions when I have had to po
SO PC Neil Evans (Ely Standard, Court Watch) considers himself worthy of compensation for carrying out the duty that he is so handsomely paid to perform.
Perhaps I should claim retrospective compensation for the hundreds of occasions when I have had to point a loaded weapon or raise a baton or defend myself unarmed against an antagonist during my 25 years of service with the Army, in many conflicts and in many parts of the world.
It was, and is, all part of the job. Wear a uniform, carry arms and take whatever comes.
I sincerely hope that this police officer is now sitting at home nursing his P45.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa