We want to investigate Soham Village College bullying claim
I WAS concerned to read the letter published June 13 sent by ‘Frank’ in which he raises an issue of unresolved bullying at Soham Village College.
We take all allegations of bullying very seriously and the vast majority of our parents and other adults working in the school agree. This is clear from our surveys and was the finding of an external review.
We fully accept that the college’s recent Ofsted inspection raised some areas which need to be addressed, but inspectors were full of praise for the way bullying - when it arose - was tackled.
Inspectors said: “Bullying in any form is rare... on the rare occasion when this may occur, teachers will deal with such situations fairly and effectively.”
We do not recognise the case raised by ‘Frank’ from the small amount of substantive detail provided in his letter. It is not possible to deal with an anonymous allegation and certainly not through the medium of a local newspaper, but we would welcome the opportunity to investigate these allegations properly.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed, I would urge any parent who has concerns which they feel are unaddressed to contact the school.
I can assure ‘Frank’ that his concerns will be addressed thoroughly and properly.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections
DR CARIN TAYLOR