We want to investigate Soham Village College bullying claim
I WAS concerned to read the letter published June 13 sent by ‘Frank’ in which he raises an issue of unresolved bullying at Soham Village College.
We take all allegations of bullying very seriously and the vast majority of our parents and other adults working in the school agree. This is clear from our surveys and was the finding of an external review.
We fully accept that the college’s recent Ofsted inspection raised some areas which need to be addressed, but inspectors were full of praise for the way bullying - when it arose - was tackled.
Inspectors said: “Bullying in any form is rare... on the rare occasion when this may occur, teachers will deal with such situations fairly and effectively.”
We do not recognise the case raised by ‘Frank’ from the small amount of substantive detail provided in his letter. It is not possible to deal with an anonymous allegation and certainly not through the medium of a local newspaper, but we would welcome the opportunity to investigate these allegations properly.
Indeed, I would urge any parent who has concerns which they feel are unaddressed to contact the school.
I can assure ‘Frank’ that his concerns will be addressed thoroughly and properly.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
DR CARIN TAYLOR