We want to investigate Soham Village College bullying claim
I WAS concerned to read the letter published June 13 sent by ‘Frank’ in which he raises an issue of unresolved bullying at Soham Village College.
We take all allegations of bullying very seriously and the vast majority of our parents and other adults working in the school agree. This is clear from our surveys and was the finding of an external review.
We fully accept that the college’s recent Ofsted inspection raised some areas which need to be addressed, but inspectors were full of praise for the way bullying - when it arose - was tackled.
Inspectors said: “Bullying in any form is rare... on the rare occasion when this may occur, teachers will deal with such situations fairly and effectively.”
We do not recognise the case raised by ‘Frank’ from the small amount of substantive detail provided in his letter. It is not possible to deal with an anonymous allegation and certainly not through the medium of a local newspaper, but we would welcome the opportunity to investigate these allegations properly.
You may also want to watch:
Indeed, I would urge any parent who has concerns which they feel are unaddressed to contact the school.
I can assure ‘Frank’ that his concerns will be addressed thoroughly and properly.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series
DR CARIN TAYLOR