We Need Joined Up Government Thinking On Food Production
I HAVE just seen Hilary Benn on television and I wrote down three direct quotes from him. We ve already seen food riots in other countries. We are going to need a big increase in food production. I want British farmers to produce as much food as pos
I HAVE just seen Hilary Benn on television and I wrote down three direct quotes from him.
"We've already seen food riots in other countries."
"We are going to need a big increase in food production."
"I want British farmers to produce as much food as possible."
Mr Benn is 100 per cent right, but the authorities are still supporting officially in my area of the Cambridgeshire Fens the National Trust's Wicken Vision which is already taking out of food production of thousands of acres of the finest food-growing farm land in the country, nay, the world.
We need some joined-up government here and a stop to this lunacy which, believe it or not, has the support of the Green guru in Cambridge, Mr Tony Juniper.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 6 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 9 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council