We Need Joined Up Government Thinking On Food Production
I HAVE just seen Hilary Benn on television and I wrote down three direct quotes from him. We ve already seen food riots in other countries. We are going to need a big increase in food production. I want British farmers to produce as much food as pos
I HAVE just seen Hilary Benn on television and I wrote down three direct quotes from him.
"We've already seen food riots in other countries."
"We are going to need a big increase in food production."
"I want British farmers to produce as much food as possible."
Mr Benn is 100 per cent right, but the authorities are still supporting officially in my area of the Cambridgeshire Fens the National Trust's Wicken Vision which is already taking out of food production of thousands of acres of the finest food-growing farm land in the country, nay, the world.
We need some joined-up government here and a stop to this lunacy which, believe it or not, has the support of the Green guru in Cambridge, Mr Tony Juniper.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT