We dn’t need anther supermarket in Ely
REASONS why we dn t need Lidl (r any ther new fd supermarket fr that matter) in Ely. We already have fd price cmpetitin in Tesc and Waitrse – please, enugh is enugh. Fact: The average husehld thrws away 33% f the fd it buys each week F
REASONS why we dn't need Lidl (r any ther new fd supermarket fr that matter) in Ely.
We already have fd price cmpetitin in Tesc and Waitrse - please, enugh is enugh.
Fact: The average husehld thrws away 33% f the fd it buys each week
Fact: Obesity in East Cambridgeshire (and mst ther districts in the cuntry) is f epidemic prprtins
You may also want to watch:
Fact: The cuncil planners are crrect; anther ut-f-twn supermarket will be detrimental t the health f city centre retail and add yet mre traffic t the cngestin zne that is called Angel Drve.
Until we reduce the amunt f fd that is wasted each week and get ur weight under cntrl by mderating ur eating habits, I fail t see any lgical argument fr an additinal fd superstre when all we need t d is buy ne third less fd and instantly save a third f ur shpping bill.
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 4 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 7 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 8 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 9 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory
- 10 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle
The current upward pressure n fd prices is a direct result f three things, last year's wrld wide pr harvest (perhaps as a result f climate change); the large rises in crude il prices which effect all aspects f intensive agriculture and the flish and misguided plicy adpted by many wrld gvernments t push farmers int grwing bi-fuel crps instead f fd.
Intrducing additinal retail fd price cmpetitin cannt achieve the results expected whilst raw material prices remain at this level, all it will d is squeeze the prducers margins still further and even frce sme farmers ut f business ultimately having the reverse f the desired effect and actually increasing fd prices.
I strngly urge ECDC planners nt t cave in, but t stick t their guns and fight this unnecessary and envirnmentally unsund develpment t the bitter end.
ROD HART, Chairman, East Cambridgeshire Climate Change Partnership