We are contributing too!
I HAVE read the recent articles from the Rev Perry and find his venomous, vindictive attack on persons who ask for no privileges or quarter is astonishing. How can you respect such a person who twists the arguments made against him as the failings of thos
I HAVE read the recent articles from the Rev Perry and find his venomous, vindictive attack on persons who ask for no privileges or quarter is astonishing. How can you respect such a person who twists the arguments made against him as the failings of those who are weaker or inferior than him.
Firstly, your initial comment that middle class, middle aged, middle England has enjoyed all the oil and economic prosperity is wrong. The world produces more oil than ever, has more reserves than ever, however demand from the developing nations is rising rapidly and is far greater than any middle England consumption past or present.
Secondly, those who protest at Mereham are not just the group you attack. They are the young and old, the fortunate and the less fortunate all joined by the sham of the Mereham proposal. It is not singularly the indulgence by baby boomers.
Thirdly, just because you choose to make your protestations through public appearances, gatherings and other forums, does not give you the moral high ground or exclusivity you appear to self indulge in, or the right to demand the same of others.
Fourthly, and most importantly, there are many of us in this community who give time, finance and resources to many good causes. From local conservation, to welfare and care of those in need, to education of deprived children around the world who will become guardians of their own environments. To others, who devote time and effort in devising and shaping corporate and political behaviour that will materially alter the way in which the wider population will address our planet, to those who practice sensible domestic good governance of resources as well as many other important ways. The difference being that we decide to contribute our efforts through channels that do not elevate us to any special status. Where publicity and attention is not courted for gain. Where self-indulgence is not tolerated.
Please Rev Perry, gives us some peace, no more of your self opinionating, oppressive attacks on those who exercise their natural born right to be different, yet may well be contributing more to the causes you plead for, than you can see or possibly understand!
- 1 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 2 Cinderella makes a comeback thanks to Players' Christmas pantomime
- 3 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 9 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic