Wave A Flag
HANDS up anyone who knows what s special about Sunday. Apart from being National Independence Day and Children s Day in Turkey, of course. Correct, it s St George s Day. It s the day we celebrate the patron saint of England who never came to England and
HANDS up anyone who knows what's special about Sunday. Apart from being National Independence Day and Children's Day in Turkey, of course.
Correct, it's St George's Day.
It's the day we celebrate the patron saint of England who never came to England and who nobody is quite certain who he was or where he did come from. Not to worry, he's our saint and we might as well make the most of him.
If you need any help doing that you could do worse than call at the Fountain on Sunday evening. There will be a St George's Day quiz at 8.30pm in aid of the Royal British Legion.
You may also want to watch:
If you don't know what to do until half past eight you can sample the themed dinner menu that is running all week, or try some of the English ales at the mini beer festival.
It's Shakespeare's birthday, too.
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits