Wave A Flag
HANDS up anyone who knows what s special about Sunday. Apart from being National Independence Day and Children s Day in Turkey, of course. Correct, it s St George s Day. It s the day we celebrate the patron saint of England who never came to England and
HANDS up anyone who knows what's special about Sunday. Apart from being National Independence Day and Children's Day in Turkey, of course.
Correct, it's St George's Day.
It's the day we celebrate the patron saint of England who never came to England and who nobody is quite certain who he was or where he did come from. Not to worry, he's our saint and we might as well make the most of him.
If you need any help doing that you could do worse than call at the Fountain on Sunday evening. There will be a St George's Day quiz at 8.30pm in aid of the Royal British Legion.
You may also want to watch:
If you don't know what to do until half past eight you can sample the themed dinner menu that is running all week, or try some of the English ales at the mini beer festival.
It's Shakespeare's birthday, too.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate