Wave A Flag
HANDS up anyone who knows what s special about Sunday. Apart from being National Independence Day and Children s Day in Turkey, of course. Correct, it s St George s Day. It s the day we celebrate the patron saint of England who never came to England and
HANDS up anyone who knows what's special about Sunday. Apart from being National Independence Day and Children's Day in Turkey, of course.
Correct, it's St George's Day.
It's the day we celebrate the patron saint of England who never came to England and who nobody is quite certain who he was or where he did come from. Not to worry, he's our saint and we might as well make the most of him.
If you need any help doing that you could do worse than call at the Fountain on Sunday evening. There will be a St George's Day quiz at 8.30pm in aid of the Royal British Legion.
You may also want to watch:
If you don't know what to do until half past eight you can sample the themed dinner menu that is running all week, or try some of the English ales at the mini beer festival.
It's Shakespeare's birthday, too.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’