Waste of Council Tax
I SAW something today, which I consider to be an unbelievable waste of Council Tax money. No, it wasn t a new site being prepared for the new council offices. It was a council road sweeper lorry merrily trundling along St John s Road on a Sunday happily a
I SAW something today, which I consider to be an unbelievable waste of Council Tax money. No, it wasn't a new site being prepared for the new council offices. It was a council road sweeper lorry merrily trundling along St John's Road on a Sunday happily attempting to carry out road sweeping. What a waste of our Council Tax. Nearly every car in the road was parked while the people living there were enjoying a Sunday lie-in, or doing their gardening. Therefore 99 per cent of the street was not cleaned. Never mind, the driver was probably enjoying the overtime for Sunday working which we are paying for.
Surely it would make more sense to clean the streets during a working day when nearly everybody is at work and there are very few, if any vehicles parked. It amazes me how someone in authority can justify the expense of these actions.
St John's Road
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k