Warning - people will roam around Ely dressed in Dickensian costume. But don’t worry... it’s a Rotary walk-about
ON September 29, a strange thing is going to happen in Ely.
There will be people roaming about dressed in costume that would be fitting for the time of Dickens. Rotary will be doing a walk-about!
It’s in support of our Dickens Supper, which has been organised for November 17 at Witchford Village Hall, in aid of the eradication of polio fund. Rotary, in association with the Gates Foundation in America, aims to rid the world finally of this terrible disease.
The evening is planned to be a light-hearted supper dedicated to the bicentenary of the great man’s birth.
It promises to be a very entertaining evening full of fun, with the hall elaborately decorated; candle-lit tables, and the company in period dress.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are limited to 120, priced at �25 each, to include a three-course meal with a glass of wine and entertainment, so to prevent disappointment telephone 01353 661601, e-mail email@example.com or toddle along to Burrows bookshop.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
Ely Rotary Club