Warning - people will roam around Ely dressed in Dickensian costume. But don’t worry... it’s a Rotary walk-about
ON September 29, a strange thing is going to happen in Ely.
There will be people roaming about dressed in costume that would be fitting for the time of Dickens. Rotary will be doing a walk-about!
It’s in support of our Dickens Supper, which has been organised for November 17 at Witchford Village Hall, in aid of the eradication of polio fund. Rotary, in association with the Gates Foundation in America, aims to rid the world finally of this terrible disease.
The evening is planned to be a light-hearted supper dedicated to the bicentenary of the great man’s birth.
It promises to be a very entertaining evening full of fun, with the hall elaborately decorated; candle-lit tables, and the company in period dress.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are limited to 120, priced at �25 each, to include a three-course meal with a glass of wine and entertainment, so to prevent disappointment telephone 01353 661601, e-mail email@example.com or toddle along to Burrows bookshop.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
Ely Rotary Club