Warning - people will roam around Ely dressed in Dickensian costume. But don’t worry... it’s a Rotary walk-about
ON September 29, a strange thing is going to happen in Ely.
There will be people roaming about dressed in costume that would be fitting for the time of Dickens. Rotary will be doing a walk-about!
It’s in support of our Dickens Supper, which has been organised for November 17 at Witchford Village Hall, in aid of the eradication of polio fund. Rotary, in association with the Gates Foundation in America, aims to rid the world finally of this terrible disease.
The evening is planned to be a light-hearted supper dedicated to the bicentenary of the great man’s birth.
It promises to be a very entertaining evening full of fun, with the hall elaborately decorated; candle-lit tables, and the company in period dress.
Tickets are limited to 120, priced at �25 each, to include a three-course meal with a glass of wine and entertainment, so to prevent disappointment telephone 01353 661601, e-mail email@example.com or toddle along to Burrows bookshop.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 10 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
Ely Rotary Club