Warning - people will roam around Ely dressed in Dickensian costume. But don’t worry... it’s a Rotary walk-about
ON September 29, a strange thing is going to happen in Ely.
There will be people roaming about dressed in costume that would be fitting for the time of Dickens. Rotary will be doing a walk-about!
It’s in support of our Dickens Supper, which has been organised for November 17 at Witchford Village Hall, in aid of the eradication of polio fund. Rotary, in association with the Gates Foundation in America, aims to rid the world finally of this terrible disease.
The evening is planned to be a light-hearted supper dedicated to the bicentenary of the great man’s birth.
It promises to be a very entertaining evening full of fun, with the hall elaborately decorated; candle-lit tables, and the company in period dress.
Tickets are limited to 120, priced at �25 each, to include a three-course meal with a glass of wine and entertainment, so to prevent disappointment telephone 01353 661601, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or toddle along to Burrows bookshop.
- 1 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 6 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
Ely Rotary Club