Wake up to the giant Sleepover
THROUGH your publication I would like to draw attention to a wonderful fund-raising opportunity for primary schools and children s groups, such as scouts, guides and boy s and girl s brigades in your area. The event is the BT Giant Sleepover, and it takes
THROUGH your publication I would like to draw attention to a wonderful fund-raising opportunity for primary schools and children's groups, such as scouts, guides and boy's and girl's brigades in your area.
The event is the BT Giant Sleepover, and it takes place on June 16 and 17. My wife and I created the event to be both enormous fun for primary school-aged children and provide a fund-raising opportunity for schools and children's groups.
The Giant Sleepover is now in its fourth year and there will be over 1,000 sleepovers across the UK and over 40,000 children taking part.
Anyone registering to run a local sleepover at their school or youth group will be sent a Treasure Chest of products, including a goody bag for each child participating, including such products as a pack of Top Trumps. We will also send an information pack for the sleepover organiser to make the most from the event - the most fun and the most funds.
The Giant Sleepover forms part of the BT Better World Campaign, which aims to give young people the skills and opportunities to improve the way they communicate. It is officially supported by Girlguiding UK, the Scouts Association, the Boys and Girls Brigade, St John Ambulance and the Sea Cadets. It is also an official Guinness World Records event.
By taking part, every child has the chance to be a Guinness World Record holder for the Biggest Simultaneous Sleepover as local events will take place across the UK at the same time.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 7 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
All information can be found on www.btgiantsleepover.com or by calling 0870 2401640.
Creator of the Giant Sleepover