Wake up council officers and deal with the REAL issues - not a dog ‘cocking its leg’ in Pocket Park
Whilst in Pocket Park this week I witnessed a lady dog walker being berated by a council official when her dog “cocked its leg” near the new picnic tables and seats by the playground.
She was rudely told that “something would be done” about it and told to keep her dog on a lead.
These clipboard-bearing council officials should learn to be polite to the public - after all, WE pay them.
Responsible dog owners do, of course, clear up their dog’s “poop” but whether a dog is or is not on a lead it will still cock its leg regardless.
We seem to be getting too protective of ourselves don’t we? Some folk (council included) seem to be obsessed with dog nuisance when they could better spend their time on ensuring that litter louts are dealt with along with vandals and illegal parkers.
You may also want to watch:
Wake up councils - and deal with the REAL issues please.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines