Volunteer at the Aquarias Club, a club for people with learning disabilities
We need some volunteers to help out with our club, the Aquarius Club, which is for people with learning disabilities.
It’s run by Jill and it happens on the first and third Monday of every month between 7-9pm at Centre E in Barton Road. We do lots of activities like sports, arts and crafts, play games and go on day trips (including fish and chips!). Every year we have a Christmas party too. It’s a lot of fun and I’m sure anyone who volunteered with us would have a good time.
If we can’t find more volunteers, the club might have to close.
If you’re interested in volunteering, why not come and meet everyone at one of our sessions?
There are club nights on Monday June 1 and Monday June 15.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air