Voluntary Community Action Should Have Had A Mention In Dragons' Den Article
I AM sure readers were really delighted to hear about the successful grant recipients who presented their projects at the Dragons Den (article last week s Ely Standard) and I am sure all those groups thanked East Cambs District Council and the Cambridge
I AM sure readers were really delighted to hear about the successful grant recipients who presented their projects at the Dragons' Den (article last week's Ely Standard) and I am sure all those groups thanked East Cambs District Council and the Cambridge Community Foundation for allocating the funds.
However, it would have been nice if Voluntary and Community Action East Cambridgeshire (VCAEC) had got a mention as the Dragons' Den was only part of the larger Funding Fair and Information event put on for all voluntary and community groups. We at VCAEC put considerable effort into organising the event which had more than 80 people attending. There were free workshops and training sessions available, plus 11 grant funders present to answer questions and offer advice.
This is core work for our organisation and last year we helped lever more than �90,000 into the local voluntary sector and more than �50,000 so far this financial year.
The Dragons' Den was a very topical and fast track way for groups to receive smaller pots of much-needed funding and everyone found it great fun.
You may also want to watch:
We hope to repeat it again next year or even sooner if the funds are available, but please remember the organisation behind all the glitz of the 'Den'.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash
Project and Development Manager VCAEC.
INFO: For more information about the work of VCAEC please contact Avril on 01353 666166 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org