Visitors From Around The World Come To Ely
WHEREVER do these people get their information from when they compile surveys? If you look at the visitors books at Ely Cathedral and see where all the people come from who Ely you will see that it is from all around the world. Ely Museum doesn t do too b
WHEREVER do these people get their information from when they compile surveys?
If you look at the visitors books at Ely Cathedral and see where all the people come from who Ely you will see that it is from all around the world. Ely Museum doesn't do too badly either. In the 1950s you could not walk from the Cutter Inn to The Maltings by the river and there was no promenade then or a pathway to Creswells or Pegasus Walk, and, as for Jubilee Gardens, well that was not even thought of then. There was no one-way system either and it was all two-way traffic even past the cathedral and Brays Lane. I honestly think this survey will have a positive effect on the city and it will increase tourism. Ely does have a lot going for it. Most people come to see the cathedral and then walk through the park, Jubilee Gardens and then along the river to The Maltings and back up Fore Hill. There is always a queue of coaches letting people off next to the Cathedral and four coaches at a time, that's 200 people in one drop and that could be every day, maybe more? So for a small city I think we do very well for visitors through the year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam