Visitors From Around The World Come To Ely
WHEREVER do these people get their information from when they compile surveys? If you look at the visitors books at Ely Cathedral and see where all the people come from who Ely you will see that it is from all around the world. Ely Museum doesn t do too b
WHEREVER do these people get their information from when they compile surveys?
If you look at the visitors books at Ely Cathedral and see where all the people come from who Ely you will see that it is from all around the world. Ely Museum doesn't do too badly either. In the 1950s you could not walk from the Cutter Inn to The Maltings by the river and there was no promenade then or a pathway to Creswells or Pegasus Walk, and, as for Jubilee Gardens, well that was not even thought of then. There was no one-way system either and it was all two-way traffic even past the cathedral and Brays Lane. I honestly think this survey will have a positive effect on the city and it will increase tourism. Ely does have a lot going for it. Most people come to see the cathedral and then walk through the park, Jubilee Gardens and then along the river to The Maltings and back up Fore Hill. There is always a queue of coaches letting people off next to the Cathedral and four coaches at a time, that's 200 people in one drop and that could be every day, maybe more? So for a small city I think we do very well for visitors through the year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs