Video: You must be joking - Ely Standard Staff
WHICHEVER way you look at life at the moment, it s all a bit doom and gloom. Gas and electric, food and petrol prices are all rising on a weekly basis; and fear of job losses, house prices taking and nose dive and Euro 2008 taking place without an England
WHICHEVER way you look at life at the moment, it's all a bit doom and gloom. Gas and electric, food and petrol prices are all rising on a weekly basis; and fear of job losses, house prices taking and nose dive and Euro 2008 taking place without an England team are making us all feel a bit down in the dumps.
While we can't do anything about the credit crunch, you can rely on your local paper to try and cheer you up. We have provided some video footage of people telling jokes.
We decided to ask the Ely Standard staff to kick off the feature with a selection of their own private jokes, but we are looking for groups, individuals and businesses to take part in future weeks. You can send in your own videos or our photographer Helen Drake will come along and do the filming.
Please remember that we are a family newspaper and will not use anything rude, offensive or distasteful.
Contact Helen Drake on 01353 667831 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection