Video: You must be joking - Ely Standard Staff
WHICHEVER way you look at life at the moment, it s all a bit doom and gloom. Gas and electric, food and petrol prices are all rising on a weekly basis; and fear of job losses, house prices taking and nose dive and Euro 2008 taking place without an England
WHICHEVER way you look at life at the moment, it's all a bit doom and gloom. Gas and electric, food and petrol prices are all rising on a weekly basis; and fear of job losses, house prices taking and nose dive and Euro 2008 taking place without an England team are making us all feel a bit down in the dumps.
While we can't do anything about the credit crunch, you can rely on your local paper to try and cheer you up. We have provided some video footage of people telling jokes.
We decided to ask the Ely Standard staff to kick off the feature with a selection of their own private jokes, but we are looking for groups, individuals and businesses to take part in future weeks. You can send in your own videos or our photographer Helen Drake will come along and do the filming.
Please remember that we are a family newspaper and will not use anything rude, offensive or distasteful.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Helen Drake on 01353 667831 or email: email@example.com
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line