Video: You must be joking - Ely Standard Staff
WHICHEVER way you look at life at the moment, it s all a bit doom and gloom. Gas and electric, food and petrol prices are all rising on a weekly basis; and fear of job losses, house prices taking and nose dive and Euro 2008 taking place without an England
WHICHEVER way you look at life at the moment, it's all a bit doom and gloom. Gas and electric, food and petrol prices are all rising on a weekly basis; and fear of job losses, house prices taking and nose dive and Euro 2008 taking place without an England team are making us all feel a bit down in the dumps.
While we can't do anything about the credit crunch, you can rely on your local paper to try and cheer you up. We have provided some video footage of people telling jokes.
We decided to ask the Ely Standard staff to kick off the feature with a selection of their own private jokes, but we are looking for groups, individuals and businesses to take part in future weeks. You can send in your own videos or our photographer Helen Drake will come along and do the filming.
Please remember that we are a family newspaper and will not use anything rude, offensive or distasteful.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Helen Drake on 01353 667831 or email: email@example.com
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical