£2 million refurbishment at Varsity Hotel & Spa in Cambridge will transform 44 guest rooms
- Credit: Archant
A £2 million refurbishment is being carried out at the Varsity Hotel & Spa in Cambridge to transform its 44 guest rooms.
The scheme will be completed by January and will help the hotel increase trade, which is projected to add 22 jobs to the local economy.
Having opened in 2010, Varsity – which has a roof terrace view -now employs over 100 members of staff.
The Varsity has attracted a number of A-listers over the years, including the Beckhams, Sir Patrick Stewart, Daniel Craig, Colin Firth, Rachel Weisz, Jeremy Irons, Ralph Fiennes as well as the families of Royal Households.
Roberto Pintus, general manager of The Varsity Hotel & Spa, said: “The new design reflects the heart of the hotel and represents our constant desire to ensure that all guests have the best experience possible.”
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate National Chocolate Week (October 15 to 21), the Varsity is launching the ultimate package for chocoholics, featuring in-room chocolates, Nutella martinis and a chocolate facial.
Mr Pintus added: The overnight experience will allow guests to relax in beautiful historic Cambridge whilst indulging their passion for chocolate.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
“Upon arrival, guests will receive personalised chocolate boxes curated by local chocolatier Hotel Chocolat, before heading up to SIX Brasserie.”
Visit www.sixcambridge.co.uk for more information or to book.