£2 million refurbishment at Varsity Hotel & Spa in Cambridge will transform 44 guest rooms
- Credit: Archant
A £2 million refurbishment is being carried out at the Varsity Hotel & Spa in Cambridge to transform its 44 guest rooms.
The scheme will be completed by January and will help the hotel increase trade, which is projected to add 22 jobs to the local economy.
Having opened in 2010, Varsity – which has a roof terrace view -now employs over 100 members of staff.
The Varsity has attracted a number of A-listers over the years, including the Beckhams, Sir Patrick Stewart, Daniel Craig, Colin Firth, Rachel Weisz, Jeremy Irons, Ralph Fiennes as well as the families of Royal Households.
Roberto Pintus, general manager of The Varsity Hotel & Spa, said: “The new design reflects the heart of the hotel and represents our constant desire to ensure that all guests have the best experience possible.”
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate National Chocolate Week (October 15 to 21), the Varsity is launching the ultimate package for chocoholics, featuring in-room chocolates, Nutella martinis and a chocolate facial.
Mr Pintus added: The overnight experience will allow guests to relax in beautiful historic Cambridge whilst indulging their passion for chocolate.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 10 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
“Upon arrival, guests will receive personalised chocolate boxes curated by local chocolatier Hotel Chocolat, before heading up to SIX Brasserie.”
Visit www.sixcambridge.co.uk for more information or to book.