£2 million refurbishment at Varsity Hotel & Spa in Cambridge will transform 44 guest rooms
- Credit: Archant
A £2 million refurbishment is being carried out at the Varsity Hotel & Spa in Cambridge to transform its 44 guest rooms.
The scheme will be completed by January and will help the hotel increase trade, which is projected to add 22 jobs to the local economy.
Having opened in 2010, Varsity – which has a roof terrace view -now employs over 100 members of staff.
The Varsity has attracted a number of A-listers over the years, including the Beckhams, Sir Patrick Stewart, Daniel Craig, Colin Firth, Rachel Weisz, Jeremy Irons, Ralph Fiennes as well as the families of Royal Households.
Roberto Pintus, general manager of The Varsity Hotel & Spa, said: “The new design reflects the heart of the hotel and represents our constant desire to ensure that all guests have the best experience possible.”
To celebrate National Chocolate Week (October 15 to 21), the Varsity is launching the ultimate package for chocoholics, featuring in-room chocolates, Nutella martinis and a chocolate facial.
Mr Pintus added: The overnight experience will allow guests to relax in beautiful historic Cambridge whilst indulging their passion for chocolate.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
“Upon arrival, guests will receive personalised chocolate boxes curated by local chocolatier Hotel Chocolat, before heading up to SIX Brasserie.”
Visit www.sixcambridge.co.uk for more information or to book.