Two years and no ramp
A FEW weeks ago I had an unpleasant thing happen to me when a woman told me that disabled buggies should be banned. I came to Ely again last Saturday and had another unpleasant experience. For two years, I have been trying to get into the Cancer Researc
A FEW weeks ago I had an unpleasant thing happen to me when a woman told me that disabled buggies should be banned.
I came to Ely again last Saturday and had another unpleasant experience.
For two years, I have been trying to get into the Cancer Research shop, but they still haven't got a ramp for the disabled.
I was talking to a very nice young man who works there about it, when this very irate and rude lady informed me that she would rather have the money spent on cancer research than provide a ramp for people like me.
You may also want to watch:
Again I was gobsmacked.
If this rude lady had stopped and spoken to me politely, instead of shouting and running off, I could have explained to her that if there was a ramp more people could get into the shop and spend their money, therefore contributing towards research to find a cure for cancer, which is very dear to my heart.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
It is more than two years since the Disability Discrimination Act was brought in, which says all premises should be disabled friendly. So stop breaking the law and provide us with a ramp, so myself and others can spend our money in your shops.