Two years and no ramp
A FEW weeks ago I had an unpleasant thing happen to me when a woman told me that disabled buggies should be banned. I came to Ely again last Saturday and had another unpleasant experience. For two years, I have been trying to get into the Cancer Researc
A FEW weeks ago I had an unpleasant thing happen to me when a woman told me that disabled buggies should be banned.
I came to Ely again last Saturday and had another unpleasant experience.
For two years, I have been trying to get into the Cancer Research shop, but they still haven't got a ramp for the disabled.
I was talking to a very nice young man who works there about it, when this very irate and rude lady informed me that she would rather have the money spent on cancer research than provide a ramp for people like me.
You may also want to watch:
Again I was gobsmacked.
If this rude lady had stopped and spoken to me politely, instead of shouting and running off, I could have explained to her that if there was a ramp more people could get into the shop and spend their money, therefore contributing towards research to find a cure for cancer, which is very dear to my heart.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 7 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
It is more than two years since the Disability Discrimination Act was brought in, which says all premises should be disabled friendly. So stop breaking the law and provide us with a ramp, so myself and others can spend our money in your shops.