Two years and no ramp
A FEW weeks ago I had an unpleasant thing happen to me when a woman told me that disabled buggies should be banned. I came to Ely again last Saturday and had another unpleasant experience. For two years, I have been trying to get into the Cancer Researc
A FEW weeks ago I had an unpleasant thing happen to me when a woman told me that disabled buggies should be banned.
I came to Ely again last Saturday and had another unpleasant experience.
For two years, I have been trying to get into the Cancer Research shop, but they still haven't got a ramp for the disabled.
I was talking to a very nice young man who works there about it, when this very irate and rude lady informed me that she would rather have the money spent on cancer research than provide a ramp for people like me.
Again I was gobsmacked.
If this rude lady had stopped and spoken to me politely, instead of shouting and running off, I could have explained to her that if there was a ramp more people could get into the shop and spend their money, therefore contributing towards research to find a cure for cancer, which is very dear to my heart.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 8 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 9 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
It is more than two years since the Disability Discrimination Act was brought in, which says all premises should be disabled friendly. So stop breaking the law and provide us with a ramp, so myself and others can spend our money in your shops.