Two views of Ely, yards apart
I TOOK these photos at locations within 200 yards of each other in Ely s Downham Road. The first shows carelessly discarded household rubbish overflowing from the recycling bins and spilling out on to the street. It s a picture of inaccessibility, obstacl
I TOOK these photos at locations within 200 yards of each other in Ely's Downham Road.
The first shows carelessly discarded household rubbish overflowing from the recycling bins and spilling out on to the street. It's a picture of inaccessibility, obstacle and disdain for the environment.
The second is a proud statement of the city's twinning with Ribe, Denmark. Ely has cathedral, half-timbered houses, ancient streets and a river that wanders to the sea. So does Ribe.
Shall we send these newest pictures of Ely to Ribe's Town Hall?
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall