Two views of Ely, yards apart
I TOOK these photos at locations within 200 yards of each other in Ely s Downham Road. The first shows carelessly discarded household rubbish overflowing from the recycling bins and spilling out on to the street. It s a picture of inaccessibility, obstacl
I TOOK these photos at locations within 200 yards of each other in Ely's Downham Road.
The first shows carelessly discarded household rubbish overflowing from the recycling bins and spilling out on to the street. It's a picture of inaccessibility, obstacle and disdain for the environment.
The second is a proud statement of the city's twinning with Ribe, Denmark. Ely has cathedral, half-timbered houses, ancient streets and a river that wanders to the sea. So does Ribe.
Shall we send these newest pictures of Ely to Ribe's Town Hall?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall