Two sides to a story
YOU recently ran a short report on a young man who caused an accident on the Soham bypass on May 25. The police took him to court and he pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention, doing a U-turn and knocking a motorcyclist off his bike. It
YOU recently ran a short report on a young man who caused an accident on the Soham bypass on May 25. The police took him to court and he pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention, doing a U-turn and knocking a motorcyclist off his bike. It was also reported that the accident had a detrimental effect on the driver and he has only just started driving again due to nerves.
What the report did not (or could not) investigate was the impact (both physical and psychological) that the careless driving had on the innocent party.
My 41-year-old partner was knocked from his classic motorcycle over the top of the car, landing on his knees and breaking his wrist in four places.
He now has numerous pins in his wrist and doctors say that his injury may well cause him long-term problems. He, too, had anxiety attacks after the accident and now suffers from pain if his wrist or knees become cold.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the accident he had recently changed jobs and could have lost his job due to the time he was forced to take off work in his probationary period. Luckily his employers, Black Bear Harley Davidson were very understanding and supportive.
Whilst I'm sure that the driver of the car that caused the accident was shocked and distressed by the accident, I imagine he is driving around in a nice warm car paid for by his insurance. Spare a thought for my partner whose pride and joy (a rare classic 1970s Moto Guzzi motorcycle) was written-off and cannot be easily replaced. He is suffering needless pain and we are still waiting for the compensation.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
Please always remember that there are two sides to every story.