Two sides to a story
YOU recently ran a short report on a young man who caused an accident on the Soham bypass on May 25. The police took him to court and he pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention, doing a U-turn and knocking a motorcyclist off his bike. It
YOU recently ran a short report on a young man who caused an accident on the Soham bypass on May 25. The police took him to court and he pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention, doing a U-turn and knocking a motorcyclist off his bike. It was also reported that the accident had a detrimental effect on the driver and he has only just started driving again due to nerves.
What the report did not (or could not) investigate was the impact (both physical and psychological) that the careless driving had on the innocent party.
My 41-year-old partner was knocked from his classic motorcycle over the top of the car, landing on his knees and breaking his wrist in four places.
He now has numerous pins in his wrist and doctors say that his injury may well cause him long-term problems. He, too, had anxiety attacks after the accident and now suffers from pain if his wrist or knees become cold.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the accident he had recently changed jobs and could have lost his job due to the time he was forced to take off work in his probationary period. Luckily his employers, Black Bear Harley Davidson were very understanding and supportive.
Whilst I'm sure that the driver of the car that caused the accident was shocked and distressed by the accident, I imagine he is driving around in a nice warm car paid for by his insurance. Spare a thought for my partner whose pride and joy (a rare classic 1970s Moto Guzzi motorcycle) was written-off and cannot be easily replaced. He is suffering needless pain and we are still waiting for the compensation.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
Please always remember that there are two sides to every story.