Turbines aren’t efficient enough to produce a steady flow of electricity - why not burn our waste?
I totally agree with Councillor Bill Hunt’s move to support protesters against building wind turbines near Aldreth.
They have never been proven to make power effective enough to keep a steady flow of electricity to the grids to make any difference.
Half the time they standing idle and not turning.
It would far better to build a power station to burn all our waste that is dumped at Grunty Fen tip. It could be built at the tip, or the site of the old sugar beet factory, and it would turn out more kilowatts than these wind turbines.
We already have a straw burning power station at Mepal and you never see the smoke coming from it as it’s eco-friendly.
You may also want to watch:
There are plans for an incinerator at King’s Lynn that burns waste. Why not one near Ely? They make more sense than a row of turbines that only turn half the time.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life