Turbines aren’t efficient enough to produce a steady flow of electricity - why not burn our waste?
I totally agree with Councillor Bill Hunt’s move to support protesters against building wind turbines near Aldreth.
They have never been proven to make power effective enough to keep a steady flow of electricity to the grids to make any difference.
Half the time they standing idle and not turning.
It would far better to build a power station to burn all our waste that is dumped at Grunty Fen tip. It could be built at the tip, or the site of the old sugar beet factory, and it would turn out more kilowatts than these wind turbines.
We already have a straw burning power station at Mepal and you never see the smoke coming from it as it’s eco-friendly.
You may also want to watch:
There are plans for an incinerator at King’s Lynn that burns waste. Why not one near Ely? They make more sense than a row of turbines that only turn half the time.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam