Trigger happy’ guard
SOCIOPATHS and criminals will have unfettered freedom to do what they want until the childish behaviour that permeates our organisations is seen for what it is and is changed. Like petulant infants, individuals in one organisation refuse to communicate wi
SOCIOPATHS and criminals will have unfettered freedom to do what they want until the childish behaviour that permeates our organisations is seen for what it is and is changed. Like petulant infants, individuals in one organisation refuse to communicate with others, thereby creating a dangerous vacuum in which havoc will play. You would think, for example, that station masters at our railway stations have full control of the behaviour of the staff at their station. Not a bit of it. Recently, a guard on a train that was due to leave in four minutes, took pleasure in deliberately closing the doors early so that I was trapped. After I had been released and had time to find a seat, take my coat off and settle down without undue hurry before the doors were closed again and the train actually left I took issue with the guard when he came to check the tickets.
He said 'you can do what I like'. 'I didn't see you'. I was assured by a passenger sitting opposite me that he could see clearly. As this was the second time I had experienced this behaviour, I reported it to the staff at the next station, anxious that this behaviour should be stopped.
'It is nothing to do with us', I was told. 'It is not our company'.
I was given a complaint form and no action was taken. I wonder how many other people will be assaulted by this trigger happy sociopath before something is done? How long will it take before station masters will be permitted to speak to other companies and actually become real masters of their own stations?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family