Triathlon athletes left terrible mess near Ely river walk
I WRITE to highlight the recent disruption to our city.
I am not opposed to clubs using our city as a base for a fantastic event but I must complain about the terrible mess left on the river walk, at Coopers fishing, after Sunday’s triathlon.
Up to 10 pairs of trainers/sandals were left by the river along with energy bar wrappers and plastic bottles.
I am also concerned that other dog owners are leaving their full poo bags dumped in hedges and hanging off trees.
Perhaps the council needs to put more dog waste bins at the beginning of the circular walk and at the end?
You may also want to watch:
Does anyone else have a problem with this? It’s a beautiful area in Ely but the litter problem is concerning to me as an animal and environmental enthusiast.
Do people understand that poo/nappy bags are not biodegradable and dumping them on the side of the pathways is irresponsible and downright ignorant?
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
I’m fed up with picking up rubbish and other peoples’ dog’s waste. Cows, calves, ducks, geese and swans live there, along with other wetland creatures.
I am disgusted with the organizers of the triathlon, they should have had marshals attending to the litter the athletes produced.