Triathlon athletes left terrible mess near Ely river walk
I WRITE to highlight the recent disruption to our city.
I am not opposed to clubs using our city as a base for a fantastic event but I must complain about the terrible mess left on the river walk, at Coopers fishing, after Sunday’s triathlon.
Up to 10 pairs of trainers/sandals were left by the river along with energy bar wrappers and plastic bottles.
I am also concerned that other dog owners are leaving their full poo bags dumped in hedges and hanging off trees.
Perhaps the council needs to put more dog waste bins at the beginning of the circular walk and at the end?
You may also want to watch:
Does anyone else have a problem with this? It’s a beautiful area in Ely but the litter problem is concerning to me as an animal and environmental enthusiast.
Do people understand that poo/nappy bags are not biodegradable and dumping them on the side of the pathways is irresponsible and downright ignorant?
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
I’m fed up with picking up rubbish and other peoples’ dog’s waste. Cows, calves, ducks, geese and swans live there, along with other wetland creatures.
I am disgusted with the organizers of the triathlon, they should have had marshals attending to the litter the athletes produced.