Transport Chiefs Need To Spend A Day At Ely Railway Station
ONCE again the powers that be have turned down the southern bypass for Ely. Where are our MPs who ought to be pressing for this development? Why can t the transport minister spend a day at Ely Railway Station and get a good view of what transpires there e
ONCE again the powers that be have turned down the southern bypass for Ely. Where are our MPs who ought to be pressing for this development?
Why can't the transport minister spend a day at Ely Railway Station and get a good view of what transpires there each day. The southern bypass would not only benefit the motorist, it would be an asset to all who work in that area and give easier access to the rail station.
This bypass should be given priority over the constructing of a rail station at Chesterton. Where are the people coming from to use that station? This plan will join the rank of the guided bus scheme and be another great waste of money. No benefit is going to be gained by such monstrosities. Enough money has been put into the guided bus scheme already and more is being asked for. The Ely bypass would benefit a lot of people, so should be given the go-ahead.
Is it any wonder that the UK is rated one of the highest taxed countries in Europe? We should not waste money as we do. Compensation is running rife. I can't mention all, but we now have claims going in for an 'act of God', when snow falls etc. No one should get a penny for such things. Get off your backsides and do something yourselves.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening