Transport Chiefs Need To Spend A Day At Ely Railway Station
ONCE again the powers that be have turned down the southern bypass for Ely. Where are our MPs who ought to be pressing for this development? Why can t the transport minister spend a day at Ely Railway Station and get a good view of what transpires there e
ONCE again the powers that be have turned down the southern bypass for Ely. Where are our MPs who ought to be pressing for this development?
Why can't the transport minister spend a day at Ely Railway Station and get a good view of what transpires there each day. The southern bypass would not only benefit the motorist, it would be an asset to all who work in that area and give easier access to the rail station.
This bypass should be given priority over the constructing of a rail station at Chesterton. Where are the people coming from to use that station? This plan will join the rank of the guided bus scheme and be another great waste of money. No benefit is going to be gained by such monstrosities. Enough money has been put into the guided bus scheme already and more is being asked for. The Ely bypass would benefit a lot of people, so should be given the go-ahead.
Is it any wonder that the UK is rated one of the highest taxed countries in Europe? We should not waste money as we do. Compensation is running rife. I can't mention all, but we now have claims going in for an 'act of God', when snow falls etc. No one should get a penny for such things. Get off your backsides and do something yourselves.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 10 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role