Tourism Numbers Just Don't Add Up
I REFER to the article in the April 1 issue, Tourist Chiefs Say Figures Don t Aadd Up. I quiet agree, so let s look at the number of tourists coming to Ely1.25 million says Tracey Harding. That s 3,434 per day for every day except Christmas Day. I think
I REFER to the article in the April 1 issue, Tourist Chiefs Say Figures Don't Aadd Up. I quiet agree, so let's look at the number of tourists coming to Ely
1.25 million says Tracey Harding. That's 3,434 per day for every day except Christmas Day. I think people would notice 3,000 people wandering around Ely, and what a strain on the public toilets!
So how did they get here? Even if 25 per cent use public transport, that's 858, by coach (50 per coach) that's 18 coaches and the remainder by car, averaging three people per car, that's 572 cars.
It seems that someone has their figures wrong.
You may also want to watch:
As this came out on April 1, I can only assume it to be an April fool's joke, if so, I am paying council staff to mess around and I object to that, if the figures are correct then can somebody please explain how visitor numbers are measured and collated?
I thought that the A10 problem was going to be sorted out with a new guided hover bus overhead trackway?
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home