Tourism Numbers Just Don't Add Up
I REFER to the article in the April 1 issue, Tourist Chiefs Say Figures Don t Aadd Up. I quiet agree, so let s look at the number of tourists coming to Ely1.25 million says Tracey Harding. That s 3,434 per day for every day except Christmas Day. I think
I REFER to the article in the April 1 issue, Tourist Chiefs Say Figures Don't Aadd Up. I quiet agree, so let's look at the number of tourists coming to Ely
1.25 million says Tracey Harding. That's 3,434 per day for every day except Christmas Day. I think people would notice 3,000 people wandering around Ely, and what a strain on the public toilets!
So how did they get here? Even if 25 per cent use public transport, that's 858, by coach (50 per coach) that's 18 coaches and the remainder by car, averaging three people per car, that's 572 cars.
It seems that someone has their figures wrong.
As this came out on April 1, I can only assume it to be an April fool's joke, if so, I am paying council staff to mess around and I object to that, if the figures are correct then can somebody please explain how visitor numbers are measured and collated?
I thought that the A10 problem was going to be sorted out with a new guided hover bus overhead trackway?
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended