Tourism Numbers Just Don't Add Up
I REFER to the article in the April 1 issue, Tourist Chiefs Say Figures Don t Aadd Up. I quiet agree, so let s look at the number of tourists coming to Ely1.25 million says Tracey Harding. That s 3,434 per day for every day except Christmas Day. I think
I REFER to the article in the April 1 issue, Tourist Chiefs Say Figures Don't Aadd Up. I quiet agree, so let's look at the number of tourists coming to Ely
1.25 million says Tracey Harding. That's 3,434 per day for every day except Christmas Day. I think people would notice 3,000 people wandering around Ely, and what a strain on the public toilets!
So how did they get here? Even if 25 per cent use public transport, that's 858, by coach (50 per coach) that's 18 coaches and the remainder by car, averaging three people per car, that's 572 cars.
It seems that someone has their figures wrong.
You may also want to watch:
As this came out on April 1, I can only assume it to be an April fool's joke, if so, I am paying council staff to mess around and I object to that, if the figures are correct then can somebody please explain how visitor numbers are measured and collated?
I thought that the A10 problem was going to be sorted out with a new guided hover bus overhead trackway?
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines