To all the doom-mongers: thanks for your interest but we are doing just fine in Littleport without you
Well thank you Sarah Cliss and Claire Wright for yet more negative commentary on our community (July 23).
This seems to me nothing more a thinly-disguised plug for the planning application (couched in terms of care and concern).
It’s also a kick in the teeth to the many people who live here and who devote many hours of their time to running community organisations and planning activities that cater for all age groups.
I am not acquainted with either of these ladies, and have never met them. They certainly haven’t been present at any of the initiatives for regeneration, which many (including myself) are engaged in.
It’s easy to parachute into a community with your notebook and seek out a few rent-a-quote moaners for ready-made copy.
May I suggest that a more in-depth piece of writing would have turned up plenty of evidence that Littleport is a vibrant and thriving community.
If, indeed, Littleport is the dead-beat village that is painted in this piece, why are so many developers eager to build yet more homes here? And will all our problems be solved if a few more houses are crammed in along the A10?
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 6 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 7 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Gary takes Dry January to next level with mental health challenge
I have a message for you and all the doom-mongers out there: thanks for your interest but we are doing just fine without you.